With 27 employees, AP7 is a small and efficient organization that only manages assets in markets where we have the ability to be among the best, which in practice means Sweden. In other markets, we aim to use the best fund managers, independent suppliers and consultants.
- Investment research and long-term asset allocation, for instance in equities and fixed income
- Equity risk management using derivatives
- Selection and monitoring of external asset managers
- Fixed income and cash management
- Alpha management of parts of the Swedish equity portfolio
- Securities administration and other administrative functions
Internal and external equity management
Internal management involves AP7’s in-house fund managers making investment decisions and executing equity transactions. External management is performed by outside parties, usually large specialist asset management firms. Decisions on whether to put assets under internal or external management are based on quality and cost parameters in each specific case. Our internal equity management operations include pure alpha management of Swedish equities.